Wednesday, July 11

Another Year Older

I turned 23 last Friday and I had the rather wonderful surprise of receiving these goodies from Cathy who was my KTE treatee! Such a nice thought of her to want to send me something and such a perfect day for it to arrive! I adore the clever things she can do with glass and she very kindly made something just for me. Go visit her online Etsy shop, you wont be disappointed!


Chris is off work this week having a little holiday so we went out to the beach on Monday to take advantage of the warm weather. He took me for a walk along the cliffs over by Marsden rock and to my surprise he got down on one knee and popped the question! To which I of course said Yes! So I'm engaged.. it feels very surreal. After our walk along the cliffs I dragged my new fiance into town where we trawled the jewellers in search of the perfect ring. I did find it but unfortunately it needs to be re-sized to fit my chubby finger :( So I cant show it off for another two weeks!

7 comments:

Cathy said...

I'm so glad you like the glass shiny bits, and congratulations on the proposal!

pinkphish said...

Yay Emily- congrats to you both such brilliant news. Happy belated birthday too!
Hope to see you soon.

gourdongirl said...

Happy belated birthday and CONGRATULATIONS to you both on your engagement. Look forward to seeing the ring!

Flossie said...

Emily! Sorry I forgot your birthday hon. And I am SO happy for you on your engagement. Wonderful wonderful news :o)

Yippee! xxx

The Knit Nurse said...

Congratulations Emily. Look forward to seeing your perfect engagement ring when you find it. Happy Birthday too. We really must get that Newcastle Knitters birthday list sorted. :)

Ganainm said...

Congratulations and belated Birthday wishes! What a lovely way to be proposed to. Hope to see you soon :)

glittrgirl said...

How romantic!

Congratulations and a very belated Happy Birthday!

Love to you both :D