Friday, May 18

Im having a bad week


Emily Hart --

[noun]:

A person who falls into an outhouse and dies



'How will you be defined in the dictionary?' at QuizGalaxy.com


That kind of sums it up really doesnt it..

Last week Chris and I were all excited because a regrading system at the university meant he was getting a payrise. The regrading has been rejected by the academics and is now under negotiation once more. This may mean he doesnt get any more money after all.

A while back our landlord informed us that he was selling our flat but that he would ensure we could remain tenants. We had two seperate people come and visit to measure up the flat for various reasons.. neither of which were very helpful about informing us what was going on in this sale. Earlier in the week I was sat in the flat when I heard a key rattling around in the lock on my front door. I was a little perplexed and assumed it was Chris home early from work for some reason and was having trouble with his keys. So I went to the door and found a strange man trying to let himself into my flat. Further more this man seemed totally shocked to see me on the other side of the door. His company had bought the flat and had not been told there were tenants already in it (thankyou mr landlord). In fact someone had been around earlier in the day and had put up a to-let sign outside! The old landlord has our deposit and isnt returning any calls or answering his mobile or responding to voice messages we are leaving. There is a whole load of faff to sort out with the new landlords and we're left feeling very lost and clueless. Its left us with a stronger desire to get the hell out of this place so we're starting to look elsewhere for places to rent closer to Chris's work.


With all this carry on I have neglected blogging and I have been meaning to post a pic of the lovely goodies my Knitters Treat Exchange pal sent me. It was lovely to receive this , thankyou so much! The chocs didnt last long at all but I still have some of the maple candy, its so sweet I think i'd be very ill if I tried to eat it all at once. The homemade stitch markers are gorgeous and I love your choice of yarn.

Izzy preferred the box that it all came in.. (I promise she went in there all one her own I didn't force her to sit in a box for the sake of a cute picture) All my cats seem to like sitting in boxes despite us owning three comfy kitty beds tailor made for them.


Sorry for the lack of knitting posts lately, I haven't been doing huge amounts of knitting this week so I dont really have anything exciting to blog about. Perhaps by next week I will have some finished socks to show you, i'm happily trucking away at them and am midway down the foot on sock number two.

8 comments:

Daisy said...

Shelter have lots of good advice for tenants - might be worth giving them a ring (or the Citizens Advice Bureau).
http://england.shelter.org.uk/advice/index.cfm

pinkphish said...

Wow you poor thing Emily. I'm sure there is some law breakage going on with your landlord somewhere there. The big git!
Our cat had several lovely cat beds but always wanted to sleep in the recycling box. Cats are weird (but lovely).
The colours of that yarn are lovely esp the green/blue one.
Fancy coming round next week for lunch and/or dying?
L xx

Heather said...

I'm so sorry your landlord is giving you the runaround! I can only imagine how stressful that is.

Glad the package made it safe & sound and you are enjoying it (kitties too lol). I have one more small package to send out to you. I couldn't fit it in that box...but it will be coming shortly :)

PURLPOWER said...

What a total git your landlord is being! If you and Chris and the cats need anywhere to stay or store stuff while you move somewhere better then give me a shout 'cos you could stay in our front room for a few nights if you need to. See you soon.

PURLPOWER said...

yes and I meant to add that the CAB are usually brilliant at helping answer bad landlord queries.

Ganainm said...

Oh that really sucks! I hope everything gets sorted out quickly with the new landlords.

Cathy said...

Hi Emily,

That's an awful story about your flat, I hope it works out properly ... maybe it will end up with you finding a place you just love.

And amidst all that bad news, you made it to the post office to send me my parcel - Thanks! I received it on Friday, 6 days after you mailed it, so I am very impressed with the Royal Mail and Canada Post.

I love everything, will post about it on my blog later in the weekend. I wanted to let you know I got it. (I blogsnooped to find your blog :o) )

Denise said...

Hello Emily, I found your blog from the Knitting magazine. I just bought it yesterday. I live in Austin, TX, but I am originally from Sunderland :-) Just thought I'd leave a note to say I'd been by. I hope to come again, I love knitting and right now I'm in to making felted purses. My blogger site isn't up properly yet, but you can visit me at
www.deniseschulz.com/blog if you like.
All the best,
Denise